"We are working to provide the best possible alternative timetable in the event Network Rail's signaller?s belonging to the RMT and TSSA unions take strike action.
Where alternative services are not available, customers including season-ticket holders will be eligible to apply for a refund for the days affected.
Customers with pre-booked tickets will be offered the option to travel at other times of the day, or to travel on another day or apply for a refund. Full details of these arrangements will be available in due course.
The following is an outline of the alternative timetable service we are planning to operate between approximately 0700 and 1900 inclusive on the 6th, 7th, 8th, & 9th April.
- 2 x Intercity services per hour at peak time between London Liverpool Street, Stratford, Chelmsford, Colchester, Manningtree, Ipswich, Stowmarket, Diss and Norwich (Off peak Intercity services will run as per the normal calling pattern)
- 2 x 12 car services per hour between Liverpool Street, Stratford, Shenfield and all stations to Ipswich
- 2 x 12 car services per hour between Liverpool Street, Stratford, Shenfield and all stations to Southend Victoria
- 4 x 12 car services per hour between Liverpool Street, Tottenham Hale, Harlow Town, Bishops Stortford and Stansted Airport
- 2 x 8 car services per hour between Liverpool Street, Tottenham Hale, Cheshunt, Broxbourne, Sawbridgeworth and all stations to Cambridge
Branch line services operating:
- Romford - Upminster: a shuttle service
- Witham - Braintree: a shuttle service
- Marks Tey - Sudbury: a shuttle service
- Norwich - Sheringham: a shuttle service
For the latest information on how possible industrial action will affect national train services please visit www.nationalexpresseastanglia.com or call National Rail Enquiries on 08457 48 49 50".