The station has been rebuilt by National Express East Anglia with investment of £2.2m as part of the National Stations Improvement Programme.
The improved facilities include:
- New station building situated adjacent to the station forecourt comprising ticket office, customer toilets and new retail facility
- New access ramp and stairs to the London bound platform which has been widened and new waiting shelters installed
- On the Colchester bound platform and interchange with Sudbury line services, improvements include upgraded customer toilets and waiting room
- A redesigned station forecourt provides a drop-off and pick-up area, as well as improved cycle and motor cycle parking
- Improved signage, lighting and CCTV